Pfile Cleaner Adjustment

Discuss game ideas for NarutoMUD here!

Pfile Cleaner Adjustment

Postby Gatz » Wed May 12, 2010 2:22 pm

I've been thinking about adjusting the pfile cleaner to only clean out players below level 10, and only after 30-60 days of inactivity. That would mean, past level 10, your pfile was golden. Right now, you need to hit level 100 or have 100 hours to be 'golden'.

I prefer having only active pfiles, but on the flip side, we're starting to gain a collection of very high level inactive pfiles. So, what is the point of deleting them part to reduce the clutter of people who log in for a minute and quit?

Anyone have any thoughts either way?
Gatz Seijuro,
Owner of NarutoMUD
Gatz
Site Admin

Re: Pfile Cleaner Adjustment

Postby Ichiro » Wed May 12, 2010 4:12 pm

Maybe not level 10....maybe like level 25 or 30?
Ichiro
ANBU
ANBU

Postby Gatz » Wed May 12, 2010 4:49 pm

I guess the idea would be to not delete players who had sort of gotten to a level of 'commitment' with the game, and what level that would be. With 10, it makes sense because the 'honey moon' period ends and you are no longer considered a Newbie.
Gatz Seijuro,
Owner of NarutoMUD
Gatz
Site Admin

Postby Yamashita » Tue May 18, 2010 2:09 pm

I agree that the "golden" status should be acquired at a lower level/time, but I think level 10 is entirely too low a threshold. I'd say that getting genin rank would be a fair indicator of being committed to the game, but there should probably be some alternative requirements in level and hours for those that haven't gotten genin.
Yamashita
Chuunin
Chuunin

Return to Development