Myth System

Discuss game ideas for NarutoMUD here!

Re: Myth System

Postby Gatz » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:13 am

Updated the first post to be more accurate, based on our discussions and also give players a head's up for when they can see the first wave of skills go in. I've put priority to the lower costing skills to let the majority of players get access to stuff right off the bat. Then, over time, I'll chip away at the higher tiered skills to let the older players have access to the super cool stuff like Sharingan, Byakugan and Rinnegan.
Gatz Seijuro,
Owner of NarutoMUD
User avatar
Gatz
Site Admin
 
Posts: 548
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 3:29 pm
Location: Springfield, MO

Re: Myth System

Postby Gaikotsu » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:29 am

Legacy Genes - Would increase the gains given by stat point increases. This myth skill would give players Uzumaki Naruto/Kushina-esque vitality (hp/stamina/chakra[not 9-tails enhanced versions, of course]). Cost 5+(?) MP

How I'm thinking of it working, and the rates could possibly be higher, since you'd have to remort and get to 200 again(?) which is a significant task, without taking any of the other myth skills:
normal hp/chakra/stamina gain rate * .1 (increases between 6-10)
(normal hp/chakra/stamina gain rate * .1) * .2 (increases between 11-20)
(normal hp/chakra/stamina gain rate * .3) * .2 (increases between 21-30)
(normal hp/chakra/stamina gain rate * .5) * .05 (increases 30+)

I'm not sure if that really makes sense, but I think it might... maybe. Possibly. Math is not my forte. :? Thoughts now?

(Fixed?)
Gaikotsu
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:03 pm

Re: Myth System

Postby Gatz » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:41 am

Gaikotsu wrote:Legacy Genes - Would increase the gains given by stat point increases. This myth skill would give players Uzumaki Naruto/Kushina-esque vitality (hp/stamina/chakra[not 9-tails enhanced versions, of course]). Cost 5+(?) MP

How I'm thinking of it working, and the rates could possibly be higher, since you'd have to remort and get to 200 again(?) which is a significant task, without taking any of the other myth skills:
normal hp/chakra/stamina gain rate * .1 (increases between 6-10)
(normal hp/chakra/stamina gain rate * .1) * .2 (increases between 11-20)
(normal hp/chakra/stamina gain rate * .3) * .2 (increases between 21-30)
(normal hp/chakra/stamina gain rate * .5) * .05 (increases 30+)

I'm not sure if that really makes sense, but I think it might... maybe. Possibly. Math is not my forte. :? Thoughts now?

(Fixed?)


Ah, so these seem like skills that boost how much Health, Chakra, Stamina is gained for your stats?
Gatz Seijuro,
Owner of NarutoMUD
User avatar
Gatz
Site Admin
 
Posts: 548
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 3:29 pm
Location: Springfield, MO

Re: Myth System

Postby Gaikotsu » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:42 pm

In a nutshell, yes.

I think another way to go about it could be:

Legacy genes (stamina) 2MP - str/dex stamina gains would be increased by certain percentages within the aforementioned ranges (6-10, 11-20, 21-30, 31+)
Legacy genes (chakra) 2MP - int/con chakra gains would be increased by certain percentages within the aforementioned ranges (6-10, 11-20, 21-30, 31+)
Legacy genes (health) 2MP - str/cha/lck gains would be increased by certain percentages within the aforementioned ranges (6-10, 11-20, 21-30, 31+)

Edit to clarify, if anyone was needing an explanation of how my hamster in a wheel was working...

Code: Select all
[Stat range]|[Percent increased]   
    6-10    | +10%
   11-20    | +30% (20%+10%)
   21-30    | +50% (20%+20%+10%)
     31+    | +55% (5%+20%+20%+10%)
Gaikotsu
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:03 pm

Re: Myth System

Postby Ichiro » Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:22 am

Will journeyman allow us to get to 100% on foreign skills with only 20 wis? or will that still be a distinction?
User avatar
Ichiro
ANBU
ANBU
 
Posts: 174
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:25 pm

Re: Myth System

Postby Gatz » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:34 am

Ichiro wrote:Will journeyman allow us to get to 100% on foreign skills with only 20 wis? or will that still be a distinction?


100%, Essentially Journeyman, from a skill perspective, makes you 'all villlages'.
Gatz Seijuro,
Owner of NarutoMUD
User avatar
Gatz
Site Admin
 
Posts: 548
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 3:29 pm
Location: Springfield, MO

Re: Myth System

Postby Yokichi » Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:34 pm

If you chose the 5 practices or 10 trains and then Legacy, would it just give you those at the beginning? Or would it just add on to the 10 practices and 60 (50?) trains, requiring you to level to gain them all back? Or do you just lose them all together when you Legacy?
Yokichi
General Browser
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:42 am

Re: Myth System

Postby Gatz » Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:56 pm

Yokichi wrote:If you chose the 5 practices or 10 trains and then Legacy, would it just give you those at the beginning? Or would it just add on to the 10 practices and 60 (50?) trains, requiring you to level to gain them all back? Or do you just lose them all together when you Legacy?


You'd gain the them back immediately, so you'd start with the extra practices and trains right off the bat.
Gatz Seijuro,
Owner of NarutoMUD
User avatar
Gatz
Site Admin
 
Posts: 548
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 3:29 pm
Location: Springfield, MO

Re: Myth System

Postby Gatz » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:47 am

I didn't quite hit my mark of yesterday, but I did make a lot of headway. I've updated the first post to show which things are ready to roll. I was stuck in the middle of converting Chidori when I crashed (busy day). Welp, today will probably be the launch day once Chidori is ready and then maybe 2 passives, for a total of 5 Myth skills.

I'm hoping by week's end I can have summoning ready to go, too.
Gatz Seijuro,
Owner of NarutoMUD
User avatar
Gatz
Site Admin
 
Posts: 548
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 3:29 pm
Location: Springfield, MO

Re: Myth System

Postby Miyamoto » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:19 am

Was also wondering if this stuff went in, because it also sounds awesome. Specifically sharingan, byakugan, eight gates or any of the ones that didn't say ready next to them.
Miyamoto
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:40 pm

Re: Myth System

Postby Hakai » Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:37 pm

Miyamoto wrote:Was also wondering if this stuff went in, because it also sounds awesome. Specifically sharingan, byakugan, eight gates or any of the ones that didn't say ready next to them.



I'm sure you're long gone by now and aren't likely to see this as its a few years old but no, the only two that were added in the last seven years were Amazing Body and Journeyman (called Yuushi and Kaiwan ingame)
Hakai
Ninja Trainee
Ninja Trainee
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:33 pm

Previous

Return to Development

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron